Many cities are eliminating plastic shopping (checkout) bags, but they have failed to address the fact that on most trips to the market we also use 6 to 8 plastic produce bags. Our Reusable Mesh Produce Bags eliminate the need for plastic bags. They are made of UNBLEACHED ORGANIC COTTON material. Although higher in cost, unbleached organic cotton provides huge benefits to the environment and our health, because it avoids the highly toxic pesticides, fertilizers and processing chemicals used in regular cotton crops. Reusable Mesh Bags are great for fruits and vegetables. The mesh fabric is highly stretchable and allows for easy identification of contents. They can be used for both shopping and storage, as the cotton material allows for excellent air circulation. Easy to care for, just wash in cold water and line dry. Expect about 10-20% shrinkage on the first wash. The mesh material will stretch back out to near the prewashed size when filled with produce. For smaller bulk produce see our Organic Cotton Reusable Produce Bags, made of solid muslin sheeting.
- 3 Pack – Large (12 in. x 15 in.) bag with drawstring, the same size as plastic produce bags.
- Made of 1/8 in. tight-mesh UNBLEACHED ORGANIC COTTON (natural and biodegradable) NOT POLYESTER (a synthetic plastic fiber made from oil)
- Sewn in tare weight tag makes checkout credit easy. The checker just subtracts the bag weight from the total weight.
- The perfect bag for fruits, vegetables and larger bulk items.
- Great for storing produce in the refrigerator or pantry.