Your patio, balcony, rooftop, front stoop, boulevard, windowsill, planter box, or fire escape is a potential fresh food garden waiting to happen. In Grow Great Grub, Gayla Trail, the founder of the leading online gardening community (YouGrowGirl.com), shows you how to grow your own delicious, affordable, organic edibles virtually anywhere.
Grow Great Grub packs in tips and essential information about:
- Choosing a location and making the most of your soil (even if it’s less than perfect)
- Building a raised bed, compost bin, and self-watering container using recycled materials
- Keeping pests and diseases away from your plants—the toxin-free way
- Growing bountiful crops in pots and selecting the best heirloom varieties
- Cultivating hundreds of plants, from blueberries to Thai basil, to the best tomatoes you’ll ever taste
- Canning, and preserving to make the most of your garden’s generosity
- Green-friendly, cost-saving, growing, and building projects that are smart and stylish
- And much more!
Whether you’re looking to eat on a budget or simply experience the pleasure of picking tonight’s meal from right outside your door, this is the must-have book for small-space gardeners—no backyard required.
GAYLA TRAIL is the creator of the acclaimed top gardening website yougrowgirl.com. Her work as a writer and photographer has appeared in publications including The New York Times, Newsweek, Budget Living, and ReadyMade. A resident of Toronto who has grown a garden on her rooftop for more than 10 years, she is the author of You Grow Girl: The Groundbreaking Guide to Gardening.
i play 532011-241-42 Features: -Constructed of Organic cotton. -Includes body suit, cap, bib and booties with embroidery. -Body suit has lap shoulders and snap closure. -Bib has velcro closure.
Organic Cotton is grown without the use of toxins, synthetic fertilizers, or pesticides. It is produced without harsh chemical cleaches or dyes and is tested to ensure the absence of metal contaminants. Since organic cotton is hypo-allergenic and chemical-free, it is safer and healthier, especially for allergy-sensitive babies. Our organic cotton is soft and comfortable, well-designed, and well-constructed clothing. It is tight knit, stronger and more durable than regular cotton. We’ve also designed our organic cotton clothing with a unique stitching that is smooth next to baby’s skin.
- 100% organic cotton, size 6 months, fits babies 10-18 pounds
- Cute embroidered cap, bib, booties and bodysuit inside gift box
- Great gift
- Tight knit, stronger and more durable than regular cotton
- Hypo-allergenic and chemical-free
Sojos Certified Organic Catnip induces a harmless euphoric state in cats to keep your favorite feline feeling groovy for 5 to 15 minutes. Hand-harvested and carefully dried for optimal potency, the catnip is designed to be used just once or twice a week. The tin contains nothing but 100-percent certified organic catnip grown in the Cascade Mountains of Washington. Just sprinkle a small pinch for your cat to play with and smell.
- 100-percent certified organic catnip
- Induces euphoric state that lasts 5 to 15 minutes
- Grown in the Cascade Mountains of Washington State
- Fantastic treat for cats of all ages; use up to twice a week
- Eye-catching tin makes a great gift
Pamela’s products simplebites extreme chocolate mini cookies are all natural, wheat-free, gluten-free with 0 g Trans fat. Pamela’s mini cookies are a wonderful addition to our scrumptious line of traditional and organic cookies, crunchy biscotti, and our five fast, easy and delicious baking mixes. Our products are so delicious. Pamela’s Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies are the perfect size for snacking; you’ll have a hard time stopping with just one! You can also use our mini cookies for making great desserts.
- Case of six 7-ounce pouches (total of 42 ounces)
- Crunchy, bite-sized wheat- and gluten-free cookies featuring organic chocolate chunks
- Ingredients include rice flour, organic naturally evaporated cane sugar, eggs, cinnamon, and cloves
- Non-dairy; no trans fat; certified kosher
- Baked in Ukiah, CA
Rice Flour Base (Brown Rice Flour, White Rice Flour, Tapioca Starch, Sweet Rice Flour, Xanthan Gum), Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Non-hydrogenated Palm Oil, Organic Chocolate Chunks (Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Organic Cocoa Paste, Organic Cocoa Butter, Non-gmo Soy Lecithin/Emulsifier, Gluten-free Organic Vanilla, Eggs, Gluten-free Vanilla Flavor, Sea Salt, Baking Soda.
Honey as it should bee…. This rich honey with warm caramel notes is a multifloral nectar collected by Fair Trade Certified beekeepers cooperatives in southern Mexico. It is perfect in beverages, baked goods, fresh fruit, jams and spreads. The hives are nestled deep in designated organic agriculture zones, safe from exposure to synthetic chemicals, antibiotics and GMOs. Fair Trade Certified ensures that a fair price is paid directly to the Mayan beekeepers tending the hives; it means they can develop the quality of the hives and forage areas and build thriving communities. By protecting the hives and forage areas, Fair Trade encourages biodiversity and helps the forests thrive, too.
- Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Fair Trade Raw Honey jar holds 16 ounce in a pack of 3 total of 48 ounce
- Thick creamy multifloral honey with a delightful butterscotch essence
- Collected by Mayan beekeepers in southern Mexico
- Certified by Fair trade
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave is a natural sweetener extracted from the core of the Blue Agave plant. Organic Raw Blue Agave Nectar is perfect for everyone, including raw-food enthusiasts!. This amber nectar has a distinct and delicious flavor that genuinely enhances foods’ natural sweetness. It is certified Organic and GMO-Free, and appropriate for vegan and plant-based diets. It is stable, non-crystallizing and quick dissolving.
- Pack of 2, 44 ounce bottle (88)
- A perfect multi-purpose sweetener for beverages, fresh fruit and general table-top use
- Sweet, mild nectar is 25% sweeter than sugar
- Glycemic index of 39 or less; Natural sweetness without the blood sugar spike
- Specially produced at low temperatures and mildly filtered, it has a full, natural flavor
Ingredients: Soy Ester, Corn Ester, Orange Oil & Vegetable Glycerin
- Priti Organic Spa in New York creates this line of 100 percent organic products that are free from harmful chemicals.
- Priti has many meanings in sanskrit such as out of satisfaction ,with love, and pleasurable sensation.
- During her pregnancy, Priti proprietor Kim DAmato recognized the need for a nail polish and remover that is organic, and safe for expectant mothers and children.
70% Cocoa content – A combination of cocoa liquor and cocoa butter. The latter is there to coat each individual cocoa and sugar particle, allowing the chocolate to melt beautifully and cleanly in the mouth, revealing intense, bittersweet chocolate aromas. We select only the finest organic ingredients and take extra time and care to bring out the intense flavor that has become our trademark. Suitable for vegetarians & vegans. Made on a peanut free site. USDA organic. Green & Black’s is certified organic by the California Certified Organic Farmers (CCOF). Made in Italy.